About Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
Tucked into the charming mountain village of Blue Ridge, Georgia in the lush Chattahoochee National Forest. The area is known as the "antique capital" of Georgia with friendly folks and an old time atmosphere.
Our regular 4-hour, 26 mile round trip winds along the beautiful Toccoa River in vintage, climate-controlled or open-air rail cars.
The relaxing ride starts at the historic depot, built in 1905 in downtown Blue Ridge, then stops for a layover in the quaint sister towns of McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee.
McCaysville/Copperhill is one town with two names because it is lcated directly on the GA/TN State Line. Here, visitors have a 2-hour layover; plenty of time to eat lunch, shop for unique crafts and antiques, snack on ice cream, or walk across the old bridge in town to view the river. Passengers then reboard the train for the one-hour return trip.
Policies & Guidelines
- Make reservations in advance. Payment is required at booking.
- Prepaid tickets are available for pickup at the PREPAID TICKET WINDOW, at the trackside of the Depot on the day of the trip 2 hours prior to departure.
- Premier Class tickets are only available to passengers ages 18 and older.
- Payment is required at time of purchase.
- We honor Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- No refunds will be given within 48 hours (2-days) of any scheduled trip.
- Reservations changes subject to a $5 change fee
- *Ticketing Operation Fee" is non-refundable.
- Please contact the Ticket Office for further assistance at 877-413-8724 (TRAIN) or (706) 632-8724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other than service animals, pets are not allowed aboard the train. No exceptions.
- For local day pet boarding(s), you can contact Violet's Daycare LLC, 706-633-9085 for rates and information.
- No smoking/vaping allowed aboard the train.
- No alcohol is allowed aboard the train.
Seating & Wheelchair Access
- Passengers may choose an air-conditioned coach or an open-air car.
- Cars are assigned but seats are not assigned.
- Because seats are not assigned, late arriving parties cannot be guaranteed seating together.
- Separate parties who intend to ride in the same car should inform the Ticket Office.
- Due to our authentic, vintage cars are only able to accommodate a limited number of patrons using wheel chairs. Please check with the Ticket Office for availability before making your reservations and note that the wheelchair lift has a 750 lbs. limit (including wheel chair).
- All passengers are required to change sides for the return trip to Blue Ridge.
Train Schedule and Departures
- Boarding time is 45 minutes prior to departure. We reccommend that you arrive 1 hour prior to departure to allow enough time to park.
- All trains depart on time. No trains will be held for late arrivals.
- Missed trips are non-refundable.
- We reserve the right to alter schedules and or substitute equipment as conditions demand.
- Wear appropriate footwear. High-heeled shoes, sandals and flip-flops are Ok.... BUT NOT RECOMMENDED.